Customs The filmmaker or the local coordinator should inform the Film Development Board about the crew bringing in equipments for film production and goods which are to be used for filming purpose or as a sample, after receiving the filming permit from the Ministry of Information and Communications before they are brought into the country on a ‘Temporary Basis’.The Film Development Board will issue a letter of recommendation to the Customs office.There is no custom charge for this.

Nepalese Customs Administration collects Customs duty,Value Added Tax, Excise and other taxes at the border points. Restricted goods are goods the import and export of which is restricted by law and therefore require a permit from the related government agencies.

The items that require a permit from the government agency in order to lodge the Customs formalities are firearms, ammunitions and explosive objects.

Immigration and Border Administration Branch

  • Ministry of Defence
  • Ministry of Home Affairs

Historical, Antiques and Arts

  • Department of Archaeology,
  • Photography and Documentation Branch,
  • Ministry of Federal Affairs,
  • Constituent Assembly,
  • Parliamentary Affairs and Culture.

Radio trans-receivers and telecommunications equipment

  • Ministry of Information and Communications

Plants and planting materials: Live animals and animal products

  • Ministry of Agriculture & Co-Operatives

Medicines and Chemical Products

  • Department of Drug Administration,
  • Ministry of Health and Population
  • Department of Livestock Services,
  • Directorate of Animal Health

Related Posts